- Mind Speaker is a pixelated Tangible User Interface (TUI). It uses sensor or bluetooth connected to the shape to be present.
- Add LED with electronics on the pins
3D holograms in real time
How to use it
Basically it can be used before people take a real action as a simulator.
- Use sensors to capture the movements
- Use bluetooth connect to IoT devices
1. simulate a physically shape
Display a wave to represent the ratio of wave height in the sea comparing to a person
2. As a smart home IoT device, be an alert of phone or cook
Connect to smartphone to alter you the message or coming call
When you are busy in another room and the food is ready in kitchen
Touch the weather
Normally we use different colors to represent changes of temperature in the real world. Blue means cool. Red means hot.
Instead of telling you the degree of temperature and vague weather in words, Mind Speaker can change the temperature on the surface to represent the variation of how it really feels like.
It can also be used for blind people to touch the shape of things that not easy to reach
Link to resources
- Sci-fi concept - Holographic interfaces from Iron Man
- 3D Metal Pin Art Board
- a tangible one - inFORM
inFORM is a tangible bits displayed in low resolution to present dynamic 3D shapes on a surface. It can capture the human movements and also can be a tangible smart home device.
- a virtual one - Universal LED Holographic Projector 3D