Feedback of Mind Speaker in class:
– simulate physical shapeIn short, the feedback are mainly focus on the following points:
– touch interaction
– use mind or other sensors?
– similar to the project by MIT, think about to make it more unique by adding specific human value
– the visualisation ideas sound good, but it may hard to understand how someone would use it
– could be useful for blind people, different size for different situations
– what is the physical interaction
– didn’t really understand what the project is about
– interesting but i don't think i totally understand the usage
– don’t quite understand how to engage/interact with the system
– Could think about using pins for games
– novel idea, like how it visualise the weather rather than just reading it
– similar to many concepts, not really interactive on the user’s part, good explanation
– a little confused with the main purpose of the idea, it is interesting to visually show different information & playful interaction
– good, playful interaction
– not sure what other interactions it has and the scale
– reflect emotions in shapes
– can’t clearly see the connection between the 3D screen and weather
– not really understand the purpose of it
– it sounds like it can everything but not clear how it does so
– by using tangible user interface, the interaction is more visible
– all the technology already exists, just used in slightly different ways. no essential physical interaction.
- What is the physical interaction
- Don't understand how to use it/ the purpose
- add specific human value
- using pins for games
- what other interactions it has and the scale
Based on previous feedback, I would like to narrow down the function of Mind Speaker into weather expression only. To distinguish them, I would like to call the refined idea Smart Weather Room. Continuing with previous idea, Smart Weather Room uses a tangible user interface to simulate real-time weather condition.
Weather forecast has become very accurate now, but different people have different feelings for the same weather. Instead of telling people the degree of temperature that may create an illusion of feeling in words, Smart Weather Room can reflect how it really feels in hands and how the weather feels in real world to represent the weather. The temperature variation is within a certain range since some places in high latitude are below zero which is hard to simulate that situation.
Smart Weather Room provides a smart interface on the table to let user choose weather condition and clothing.
- Choose a city to simulate weather condition
- Choose the clothes to wear will affect the feeling on the globe
The choice of weather condition will affect the function of physical devices in the room, which includes the effect of wind, rain, sun and fog.
- Heat Lamp: Provide heat in the room to increase temperature
- Dry Ice Maker: Create the fog effect, and lower the temperature in the room
- Wind Fan: Change the speed of wind
- Rain Spray: Create rain drops
The choice of clothing will affect light and the sense of touch on the surface of the globe.
- LED light: Change feeling people see the circumstance. Cold colors express cool weather. Warm colors express hot weather.
- Temperature Touch Globe: Using hand to touch and feel the variation from the lowest to highest temperature
The purpose of Smart Weather Room is to create a circumstance of a place that people haven't been to, so that user can feel what the real feeling of the weather there and decide what clothes to pack for travelling.