Benjamin Williams - Tue 3 March 2020, 12:59 am
Modified: Tue 3 March 2020, 1:16 am
Prod Paper - Make music with paper and pen!
These days, producing music is a pretty easy thing to do with the help of Digital Audio Workspaces such as Garage Band, Ableton and more. These softwares allow users to harness midi technology to play, edit and record music without the need for physical instruments.
Prod paper is concept that builds on this technology by combining conductive paint and sensory paper. The idea is that users are able draw melodies onto paper and have it played back to them. Like the lines and dots of a digital midi project, Prod Paper would use the same language to process sounds. A secondary device paired to the users phone / headphones would then clip onto the paper, read the sensors and playback the music to the user.
- lines can be rubbed out and redrawn
- the pen can draw in different colours = different instruments
- paper can be joined together for a longer song
- the paper would feature grid lines to so that the user can draw in time
- paper data can be copied off the paper and saved
- book = album