My main concern this week was the feedback I received from last week’s demonstration. Many people said that my concept didn’t achieve what I said it would, namely that it doesn’t demonstrate fractions and proportionality. I was initially worried that I would have to change my concept entirely, but after speaking with Lorna, I’ve decided to simply change the scope so that it is explicitly teaching children about music and rhythm.
I haven’t made any more progress on implementing features on my prototype, because I was worried that any progress I made might have to be undone if my concept had to change. I still need to implement sound, as well as add more note block circuits and find a way to consistently register pressure, as it’s much more precise than I first realised.