This week was more an update week to check in with the class and my team. As a team, our main time to discuss issues is during the Wednesday Studio class. I guess this is alright as we are all working individually and we mostly just troubleshoot either with the tutors or the internet. We also got to have a trial at using discord for team communications. It was a little troublesome from time to time as the sound would just drop out suddenly. It was a different experience as I had not sed it before, and I think I will need to do some test runs before demo day!
Other than that, I have been working on my Portfolio Website. I have now completely designed and templated up various sections of it for more information to be filled. I decided to keep it all on one pack with anchor links to navigate to different sections of the website. I also started working on some graphics and imagery for the website. I wanted to keep a balance between text and images to make it more visually appealing and quicker to get information out.
Today I also 3D printed a holder for my ultrasonic sensor to sit in. I wanted to keep all the cables and hardware, secure in my build, and ensure it looked good for a final design. I just need to attach this to the hexagon model now.
I still have a lot of work to do with my actual installation. This weekend I hope to finish the outside design of the prototype. I also want to improve the current text-to-speech module that is attached. Currently, I have not got a large enough vocab library with all the words I need.