To start the week off, we looked into different methods of discovery we could use in the case of a pandemic. For the exercise, we had to look at observing passengers on a train. To do this, I watched a youtube video with people on the train being encouraged sing a song. From this I gained some insights and the going forward I will be watching youtube videos related to my concept to get some valuable information.
Also as a team, we were able to break our project down using our miro board to really break down what we need to discover in the future.
Over the past week by myself, I made a basic questionnaire for people of my target audience to fill out about what they would like to see in an elevator setting to interact with.
I also was able to look into how I could use arduino with the concept we have and something I came across was posenet, which looks at pose estimation. This inspired me as it looks into keypoints. The image below shows these points drawn out.
The plan ahead for me is to do some arduino practice and grab some materials to start playing around and get a solid prototype going. I also will try and play around with posenet as well and see if this can work for my concept.
To reflect, I probably could have used more work in the team activity as we didn't really go through it as thoroughly as I would have liked. For example, we left some sections blank when we could have easily gone through it and make it really good so we could go further with it. Also with my questionnaire, I probably should have tried to put more information about elevators and my questions were quite general thus the responses weren't as great as I would have liked. In the future, in team activities, I will try to make sure we have done a good enough job and also try to delve deeper and be more specific in questions.