Initial planning and designing
I decided to build on my ideas and concept as discussed in my individual section in the proposal report. I have decided on the methods for research and interviews to gain a better insight into what physical interaction I can add to my prototype and how they will relate to the target audience I have chosen. This can all be seen below.
I have also had a think about how I want the final prototype to look and feel. Based on some old 3D printed shapes I have at home. I want to utilize them to create the Energy Saving Emily device. As discussed in my section of the report, I want Emily to be a physical installation in the home and something that can always be looked at and interacted with. As you can see I want it to be something that can potentially blend into the decor of the home and be something nice and beautiful but if the household members are not being energy efficient it will turn into something loud, and potentially annoying.
This next week I plan on conducting all my research and user surveying and research. I hope to compile this all then feed this into the design of my prototype.
I hope to also have a play with my Arduino and start to see what I can create and to what extent.