Work done and reflection
This week, our process is a little bit stagnant, and because of the unfamiliarity with the circuit diagram, we have encountered some troubles in designing the circuit. Specifically, the projects we can complete are relatively fragmented, and only a few simple changes can be made through the tutorial to complete part of our project without understanding the true working principle of Arduino, so it is difficult to assemble scattered functions. To this end, we conducted a group meeting to streamline our interaction process and then unify the background knowledge to ensure the project can proceed smoothly.
Hereunder is the overall plan for completing the project, including how to use python to trigger each movement.
But in the discussion, it was found that it is difficult to use Arduino to call the trigger of the keyboard. To this end, we conducted technical-oriented research on how to use python to complete the back-end program writing and how to connect Arduino with the program. By unified serial port, the baud rate can link them together. In the last week, we have achieved the recording and playback of sound through import the pyaudio module. This week we have finished coding the main function in our project with python. (recording, playback, and mixing). The mixing function is achieved by playing the selected clips simultaneously.
Plans for next week:
- Clarify the interaction plan (that is, specify the interaction, instructions, and back-end operations)
- View the corresponding tutorials, master the connection methods of different components, and clear the materials needed for the project and build the project.
- Connect the major part of the code with Arduino.
- Improve the prototype and record explainer video.
- Start writing detailed introduction documents.