What have I done?
I received three comments on my individual work. Here is the key points that be mentioned up:
- Temper the bad emotions and transfer them into good feelings.
- Cannot only use volume as a trigger
- Should include more emotions that can be detected
- Should set a proper detection distance
- How to use one flower to represent individual's emotion
- How to maintain the family functioning through it
The most confusing point in my prototype is that I use volume to simulate the anger level which further represents the emotion. Which I will include the keyword recognition feature in my next prototype to finalize this function.
What's the next step
The point that how to transfer the negative emotion to positive one remind me of my original idea that the flower can be a voice-changing toy which can amuse users. In my next step, I will 1. use keyword recognition feature to build two databases which stand for positive and negative emotion. 2. Use the mp3 module in Arduino to set the feedback from user's voice trigger 3. Connect the keyword database to LED light which different keyword can trigger a different reaction of LED lights.